SEE OUR UPCOMING COURSES IN THE BOOKING SECTION OR CONTACT US TO ARRANGE IT FOR YOUR WORKFORCE
About The Course
- All pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures
- Set ride on roller for travel
- Awareness of on-site hazards
- Set the roller for compaction duties
- Place roller in an out of service condition
- Recognise compacted/uncompacted areas
- Conditions that may cause instability of the roller
- Safety procedures when working up to unsupported edges
- Loading and unloading procedures on/off a transporter.
Maintenance on plant and equipment (such as a Ride on Roller) is carried out to prevent problems arising, to put faults right, and to ensure equipment is working effectively. Maintenance may be part of a planned programme or may have to be carried out at short notice after a breakdown. It always involves non-routine activities and can expose those involved (and others) to a range of risks.
Teaching and Assessment
3 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
1 day assessment – CPCS technical tests on the topic of Ride on Roller.
CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests.
CITB National Construction College certificate.
Ride on Roller Ride on Roller Ride