SEE OUR UPCOMING COURSES IN THE BOOKING SECTION OR CONTACT US TO ARRANGE IT FOR YOUR WORKFORCE
About The Course: Dump Truck with Rigid Chassis (UP TO 50 TONNES)
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers’ instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the dump truck for site and road travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Position the dump truck to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
- Place the dump truck in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
- Working in the construction industry
- Components of dump trucks
- Stability of the machine
- Accident prevention
- Pre-shift checks
- Starting/Stopping the machine
- Daily checks
- Operating the machine
- Advanced operation
- Site safety