SEE OUR UPCOMING COURSES IN THE BOOKING SECTION OR CONTACT US TO ARRANGE IT FOR YOUR WORKFORCE
About The Course:
This course is for people with limited or no experience of operating a crawler crane.It teaches you how to operate and maintain a crawler crane safely. You gain the CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical test at the end.
- Operating the crane safely and productively
- Responding to recognised crane signals accurately
- Positioning the crane correctly
- Altering jib lengths and associated safety devices
- Carrying out routine maintenance and making minor adjustments
- Understanding safe-load indicators and duties charts
- Identify the basic theory of power units, transmission systems and control systems
- Programming safe-load indicators
- Understanding the effects of radius change on the safe working capacity
- Observing the statutory regulations and Codes of Practice
- Gauging the effect of shock loading on structural strength, stability and load displacement
- Recognising the principles of safe slinging and the types and capacities of chains, slings and lifting gear.
Teaching and Assessment
- 8 days training – classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment – CPCS technical tests
- CPCS trained operator card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests.
- CITB National Construction College certificate.