SEE OUR UPCOMING COURSES IN THE BOOKING SECTION OR CONTACT US TO ARRANGE IT FOR YOUR WORKFORCE
About The Course:
A knowledge of scaffolding is desirable but not essential.
Lecture notes, practical demonstration and practice.
A theoretical and practical test based on the course content.
On successful completion of this course delegates will receive a NETA Certificate.
Meeting the needs and expectations of service users is of the highest priority to our staff. Therefore if you have any concerns or wish to make a comment about the service please contact: info@NETA.co.uk
- A good working knowledge and appreciation of the various types of mobile tower scaffolds.
- A sound knowledge and appreciation of the principals involved in the erection, dismantling or movement of mobile tower scaffolds.
- An understanding of all the statutory regulations and Health and safety aspects relating to Mobile Tower Scaffolds, with particular reference to Section 8 of the Health and Safety and Welfare Act 1996.
- A knowledge and understanding of BS 1139 as applied to mobile tower scaffolding.
- Introduction to NETA.
- Domestic and safety requirements and arrangements.
- An explanation and understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Health and Safety and Welfare Act 1996 and their relevance to Mobile Tower Scaffolding.
- An appreciation of HD 1004 and its application and objectives in relation to Mobile Tower Scaffolds.
The course will also address and consider the following topics:
- Types of tower scaffolds
- Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Tower stability
- Use of outriggers and stabilisers
- The causes of accidents associated with towers
- Safe use of towers
- An understanding of manufacturer’s instructions
- Practical erection, movement and dismantling of tower scaffold
- Written and practical test