SEE OUR UPCOMING COURSES IN THE BOOKING SECTION OR CONTACT US TO ARRANGE IT FOR YOUR WORKFORCE
About The Course:
Candidates must have successfully passed the CSCS Health, Safety and Environment touchscreen test for Operatives within the past two years.
To provide thorough practical and theory training in operating an Agricultural Tractor, to enable the candidate to competently and safely carry out the role and pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Name and explain the purpose of principle components, the basic construction, controls and terminology
- Conform with manufacturers requirements as per the operators handbook, other types of information source and relevant regulations and legislation
- Undertake all pre-use checks
- Configure and set for site and highway travel
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, substantial inclines and level surfaces with mounted and trailed implements
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces with trailed and mounted implements
- Attach and set trailed implements ready for work
- Attach and set mounted implements ready for work
- Attach and set power take-off drives ready for work
- Explain actions required for hazards, underground and overhead services
- Operate a mounted or power-driven implement
- Remove and store trailed and mounted implements
- Carry out shut down and securing procedures
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures for machine transporting
Duration of Training:
Foundation training – 2 days training + 1 day testing
To achieve the Red CPCS Trained Operator Card candidates must pass both the CPCS Theory Test and the Practical Test.
NVQ Plant Operations and CPCS Competence Card:
Once you have achieved your Red CPCS Trained Operator Card it lasts for 2 years. During these 2 years you must work towards and achieve your NVQ in Plant Operations to upgrade to a Blue CPCS Competence Card.