This course is suitable for supervisors and managers with responsibility for lifting operations. This course will give you an understanding of the appointed person’s responsibilities and how to fulfil them. On passing the technical tests, you gain the CPCS trained operator card (red card).If you already hold the CPCS Code A40 Slinger/Signaller, you will also achieve the CPCS Code A62 Crane Supervisor qualification.
- Observe regulations and Codes of Practice
- Follow safe systems of work including method statements
- Take personal responsibility
- Describe different types of cranes and associated terminology
- Understand crane documentation
- Understand crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Appreciate tower cranes
- Observe British Standard 7121 Safe Use of Cranes Guidelines sections 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Recognise the role of appointed persons
- Plan a lift
- 4 days learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises
- 1 day assessment – CPCS technical tests
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card) on passing the CPCS technical tests.
- CITB National Construction College certificate.
Ask us a question about this course